Thursday 16 August 2012

Wilder Web

Captain Awkward has a couple of truly creepy letters about creepers. And a great response about rape culture. Everyone needs to read this because I'm pretty sure we've all been in this situation at some point in our lives. (via Morgue)

As the parent of a daughter Blue Milk has given me something to think on with Raising daughters to have high self-esteem and the problem with that.

Wow, catching up on the Blue Milk posts has been worthwhile today. "Alaska made me realise we lost meaning once our survival was secured."

More from Blue Milk and more on the Olympics with Australian boxer Damien Hooper's wearing of the Aboriginal flag. I find this debate really interesting because it makes me think of what might happen if a Maori athlete wore the "Maori flag". I think I'll talk more on this issue when I have some time to get my thoughts written down.

Jaws is one of my all time favourite movies. This piece examines why it is so great. It also reminded me that Brody was another of my first crushes. (again via Blue Milk)

This is a really really good piece on the Ostapchuk doping scandal & the "I knew it cos she looked like a man" responses.

Texts from Jane Eyre. Brilliant! (also via Morgue.) Also brilliant ~ texts from Scarlett O'Hara.

Bahahahaha...but also kind of sad, really ~ if every sport was photographed like beach volleyball. (via Nubby Twiglet)

Remember when you were a kid and all you wanted was a pool in your backyard? I never grew out of that. These backyard pools only fuel my desire.

I subscribe to Joy the Baker for the amazing recipes, but this piece: I accidentally saw a picture of you is sooo good.

Famous album covers recreated with socks. Sometimes when you have too much time on your hands awesome things happen.

Wilder Woman Gala Darling writes about Wilder Woman Diana Vreeland.

Take a look inside ten celebrity homes & discover that Cindy Crawford has a whole house to work out in, Drew Barrymore has an E.T. wall, Christina Aguilera has arcade games & pinball machines & I still don't get the appeal of Adam Levine. (via Gala Darling)

Eep! The Conversion of a Climate Change Skeptic has me feeling guilty for using my car so much. (via Dooce)

Double Eep! Must the poor go hungry just so the rich can drive? is another piece that has me feeling guilty about my car. (via Noush) Definitely catching the bus today!

Oh how the Olympics just keeps giving & giving. More hilarity in the form of mckayla is not impressed. (also via Dooce)

Nubby Twiglet designed a skateboard! I love it!

I have a fascination with names so I quite enjoyed Doe Deere's explanation of the origin of her unusual moniker.

Have you seen Gotye's mash up of all the YouTube covers of Somebody I Used to Know? It's pretty cool.

Remember when you were 20 and you & your friends used to get stoned & watch Baraka? Well, the makers of Baraka have done it again with Samsara ~

No comments:

Post a Comment