Friday 27 July 2012

100 New Recipes ~ Meatloaf

From my Life List challenge to try 100 new recipes, here's #3 ~ Meatloaf.



Not the most appetising of pictures, I know, but trust me - this was delicious.

I've never been a huge meatloaf fan, but when I heard this recipe on National Radio I thought I'd give it a go, & I knew it would please Apa. And please him it did. He scoffed a generous portion of it and then spent the next half hour or so moaning & sighing & whinging about how full he was. Success!

Here's the recipe:

MEATLOAF
500g sausage meat
500g beef mince
1C fresh breadcrumbs (I used packet breadcrumbs)
1 large onion chopped
2 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 egg
1/2 Cup milk

METHOD
Mix all together and shape into a loaf - cook for 30 mins at 180 C. Drain off excess fat and pour sauce over, bake for a further 30 minutes.


SAUCE

INGREDIENTS

1/2 C water
1/2 C tomato sauce
1/4 C worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp malt vinegar
1/4 C brown sugar

1 shot espresso coffee (I left this out)
25 g butter
2 tbsp cornflour

METHOD

Mix together and simmer for 5 minutes.


We served ours with garlic mashed potatoes & baby carrots. The sauce is the selling point in this particular recipe - it really made all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment