Thursday 11 July 2013

Wilder Web


Oh, Ellen Page. Let's be friends
"But how could it be any more obvious that we still live in a patriarchal world when feminism is a bad word?"
"We applaud the messages we now send to girls in middle school that "of course girls can do math and science." But these messages are often way too late. New research finds that even when girls say they believe this message, they don’t really believe it. Too often, they just know what parents and teachers want to hear."
Kanye West 'Yeezus' lyric or Lucille Bluth quote? A surprisingly tricky quiz. (I say that because although I've not listened to Yeezus yet, I thought I knew Arrested Development pretty well.)

I was already a fan of Dustin Hoffman, but this? This made me love him all the more.

So Many Kinds of Longing ~ Rookie talks to Judy Blume about honesty, censorship & masturbation. 
"Before all the hormones start raging, it’s the emotional longing that is most important, and boy, you have to learn to figure it out."

Oh Goddess, I LOVE this! ~ How To Raise Girls Who Love Their Looks.

The Spark Deck looks like it could be a good tool to get you kickstarted on writing when you have a block.

I am Very Fond of Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def, so watching this video of him being force-fed to draw attention to Guantanamo Bay procedures was pretty hard going. In fact - confession time - I couldn't watch the whole thing.


Warning: Watching this glorious Twin Peaks montage will cause an urgent need for cherry pie & a damn fine cup of coffee ~


No comments:

Post a Comment