Wednesday 17 July 2013

100 New Recipes ~ Chocolate Slice

Part of my Life List challenge to make 100 Recipes, here's number eight ~ Chocolate Slice.



Here's how weekend mornings usually go in my household: Koko wakes up. I wake up. I lay in bed for as long as I can until a) Koko gets LOUD, or b) I really, really have to pee. We get up. I make Koko her bottle & plonk her down with it on our old brown corduroy beanbag. Then I pour myself a glass of grapefruit juice, add a cap full of apple cider vinegar, & settle in on the couch with the laptop, where I spend a good portion of the morning perusing the interwebs until I am ready to wake up properly, shower & face the day.

However, one cold Sunday morning in recent times, I was mid-way through the morning routine when I came across a random recipe that a cousin had shared on their facebook page. It caught my eye with its simplicity and promise of chocolate-y, sugary goodness. I scanned it quickly - yep, we had all the ingredients in our pantry (more or less). And then, a miracle happened. I rose from the couch immediately and headed to the kitchen to whip up a Sunday morning treat. It was quick and easy. It filled the house with the aromatic glory that is chocolate goods baking. It roused Apa from his hibernation, & he lumbered out of his bed den to see what strange happenings were at play in the kitchen. In short (because I've already waxed lyrical on this heavenly slice for long enough) it was a success. Simple, no frills, tasty goodness.

Here's the recipe (lifted directly from the original facebook post) ~

First preheat oven at 180c then combine in a bowl - 1 cup of coconut & 3 crushed Weetbix & 1 cup flour & 1 teaspoon of baking powder & 3/4 cup sugar & 1/4 cup cocoa - stir and mix well then pour into this mixture melted 180gm of butter and then 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence - finally mix this all well and put this on a lined slice pan press to make even - bake for 20 minutes or until firm - when cooked - allow to cool and then put icing on and top with sprinkling of coconut - yummy never fails - first batch all eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment