Tuesday 16 July 2013

My Crushes ~ The Top Five

The ultimate finale in the series of beautiful beaus who have graced the walls of my bedroom & my mind over the years. Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4.

MOS DEF

Mos Def is my ultimate. My number one. My ideal man. I mean, just look at those dimples! But more than deep dimples & glowing skin & a cheeky smile & a dapper dress sense, this man has won my heart with his mind & his skills. After all, girls like guys with skills. Mos Def is an incredible musician, MC & freestyler. His rhymes & beats are awesome. He can act. He's a poet & a thinker. A political activist. He's vegan. And he plays Super Mr. Superhero on Yo Gabba Gabba. SWOON!

JOHNNY DEPP


The first magazine I ever bought had Johnny Depp on the cover. That was almost 20 years ago, & Johnny still makes my list. Beautiful. Interesting. Talented. 

BRAD PITT

I just think he's gorgeous, okay? Jeez, stop making me explain my choices already!

CHRIS ISAAK

If you think about it, Chris Isaak was kind of the original hipster. He wears cheesy suits and slicks his hair into a quiff. He sings Roy Orbison covers & Mexican folk songs. He is witty & dirty & rough, but unbelievably pretty at the same time. In my dreams Chris Isaak serenades me while cooking breakfast. Sigh.

JAMES FRANCO

I adore that irreverent smirk of his. This man broke my heart in Sonny. He is an eternal student, much like I would like to be. He's a published author & an Academy Award nominee. I once had a daydream that James Franco proposed to me on a Brooklyn rooftop at 1am (like the PJ Harvey song). And with that embarrassing confession, the top five is complete.

Feel free to share your top five list. I always love hearing who makes the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment