Thursday 9 January 2014

Wilder Web


Tavi Gevinson interviews Lorde for Rookie. This pretty much wins the internet.
"I think I’m speaking for a bunch of girls when I say that the idea that feminism is completely natural and shouldn’t even be something that people find mildly surprising. It’s just a part of being a girl in 2013."

Ani DiFranco's faux-pology: White privilege and the year in race. As a white woman and a fan of Ani DiFranco, this was a little hard to read, but so important. 
"When I think about my own first experience visiting a plantation in South Louisiana for a class “heritage trip” I remember discomfort coursing through my twelve year old body, whispering to the 3 other black kids on a trip with more than 70 students about the dishonest way they talked about slavery, the way they referred to the “servants’ quarters” out back, the fact those were not a part of the tour."

Working on my own spoken word pieces, I'm going to be forever referencing this 11 year old South African girl. Amazing talent.

I am so angry at David Carter & the media's representation of tikanga Maori in relation to powhiri at parliament. This piece is the most excellent explanation of powhiri that I have read. I know I say this all the time, but: SO IMPORTANT! And also, so interesting.

It's slightly depressing, but I'd like to see a New Zealand version of this article ~ 20 things the poor really do every day. (via Yes and Yes)

My bro played this Nelly/BeeGees mash up for me the other day, & now I'm sharing it with you. I'm good like that ~

 
This Contemporary Dance How-To video is hilarious and so freakishly accurate ~
 
(via Trixie Boom)

No comments:

Post a Comment