Thursday 3 October 2013

Wilder Web


My adoration of Lorde grew exponentially with this article, and in particular, this statement: 
"She’s a feminist. “Absolutely. Wholeheartedly,” she says. “I think women who say, ‘No, I’m not a feminist — I love men,’ I think that is just… You don’t know what it means. You think it means that, ‘I don’t shave under my arms, I burn my bras. Fuck men!’ How could you be so uneducated, and so unwilling to learn about something which is so important to you?”"
And here's a brilliant piece that Lorde herself wrote. I know, there's been a lot of Lorde around here (and everywhere else) lately. But let's face it, none of us will ever be half as cool as she is.



This piece on a woman who is working towards a goal of making 300 sandwiches for her boyfriend has copped a lot of flak. I think she just wanted a Julie & Julia type hobby to work towards and write about, and this is what she came up with. Decide for yourself.

Bank Wars: Social Media done right. I love businesses with a sense of humour.

"Is the casual objectification of women so commonplace that we should all just suck it up, roll over and accept defeat? I hope not. Objectification, whatever its form, is not something anyone should have to "just deal with"." 

I've been following Fosterhood in NYC for a few years now, so I found this Poem for Foster Moms that a friend wrote for her particularly moving & perfect.

Yes Yes Yes! Dooce talks Katy Perry & Cheerleading & girl power & gets it all so, so right.

EEP! A lip sync battle with Stephen Merchant, Jimmy Fallon & Joseph Gordon-Levitt (swoon) ~




Baby says flamingo ~


No comments:

Post a Comment