Wednesday 23 October 2013

Wilder Web


Pin of the week. Love it.

Happy tears over this proposal.

11 Hidden Messages in Company Logos. Number 3 blew my mind. (via Dooce)

"In the end, I’m not sure what’s more offensive—the film’s rampant and unapologetic misogyny or Stewart’s interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, in which she claimed that On the Road told her “that you have to use every second in life. You can’t get complacent and let life pass you by,” as if fathering children and abandoning them is just an essential part of what it means to be free, man."
The reason I love the Mummy-blogs that I do is because they are as honest about their failings as they are about their successes. My Kids Eat Homemade Bread - What's Your Excuse? illustrates this perfectly. (also via Blue Milk)

Linking to this one because it cannot be talked about enough ~ Lani Wendt Young takes on rape culture for her column in the Samoa Observer.

Wellington's South Coast is one of my favourite places in the world. Sundays at Lyall Bay shows what one of our typical visits is like ~ eating Ekim Burgers, watching planes land, chasing dogs, battling wind, jumping waves... it's all bliss.

Jessica Valenti on coming to terms with the reality that she will only have one child
"I know that I don’t hate myself enough to die. And I love her enough not to."

This poem hit me like a sucker punch. So, so good ~



No comments:

Post a Comment