Wednesday 22 May 2013

100 New Recipes ~ Chocolate Cheesecake

Part of my Life List challenge to try 100 new recipes. Here's #7 ~ Chocolate Cheesecake.
 
 
A while back I bought a packet of those chocolate chip cookies that the supermarket sells; you know the ones, in resealable bags with a no brand name, homemade vibe. They look good, right? They weren't. They sat uneaten in our pantry for a couple of weeks, taunting me. Every time I craved a treat I would pull them out & then think better of it, remembering the disappointing awfulness. But I hate to be wasteful, & I knew that resealable bag would only keep them okay for a limited amount of time. So I decided to try a chocolate cheesecake, using the horrible biscuits as the base.
 
I'd never made a cheesecake before. To be honest, I was a little intimidated. Some of the recipes I'd looked up required the use of gelatine, & I just didn't want to go there. And then I found this recipe. It looked like it could be a winner. It was.
 
This cheesecake was incredibly simple to make, and it tasted divine. Definitely earned its 4.5 star rating. The Awful Biscuits were perfectly delightful as the base. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment