Thursday 16 May 2013

Wilder Web

 
 
Riders. Fascinating things.
 
I love this kitchen makeover (although I do wonder where the fridge now resides).


"Did Seth McFarlane really just sing a song about seeing women's boobs on film and reference four rape scenes?"

This karaoke couple had me crying with laughter. I love them! I wish I could invite them to my next party.

I had to pause halfway through this beautiful proposal story because I was about to start the ugly cry.

Hyperbole and a Half is back with a truly brilliant description of depression that should be required reading.
"At first, I'd try to explain that it's not really negativity or sadness anymore, it's more just this detached, meaningless fog where you can't feel anything about anything — even the things you love, even fun things — and you're horribly bored and lonely, but since you've lost your ability to connect with any of the things that would normally make you feel less bored and lonely, you're stuck in the boring, lonely, meaningless void without anything to distract you from how boring, lonely, and meaningless it is."

Wow. Angelina Jolie has had a double mastectomy. She writes about the experience here.
"On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity."
 
If you are a New Zealander you should be reading The Daily Blog. Seriously. Martyn Bradbury knocks it out of the park again with his piece on commercial radio, Dom Harvey & Aaron Gilmore.
"Part of Key’s success is that he has depoliticized the role of Prime Minister. He is relaxed about everything, he’s a 30 second youtube clip, a breakfast radio fart noise. It’s hard to debate 25% of children in poverty when the Prime Minister is juggling fish."
I WANT a glitter floor! (via Gala Darling)

You might find this kind of mundane, but I fould Emily's explanation on how she manages laundry in a household of six kids pretty interesting.
 
Filmmaker Sarah Polley has made an incredible personal documentary that looks so interesting ~




No comments:

Post a Comment