Wednesday 10 April 2013

Wilder Web


Japanese Schoolgirls Perform Superhuman Energy Attacks (via Kimya Dawson). Okay, I know I'm probably late to the game here, but this is awesome.

Tarantino screenplays as classic Penguin-style book covers. (via Dooce)

Yes! An intelligent response to the appointment of Dame Susan Devoy as New Zealand's Race Relations Commissioner (via Rachel) "So I came up with a list of what actually is STUPID:
-a Race Relations Commissioner who cannot articulate a view on race relations."

More on Susan Devoy, with some great insight into how the role of Race Relations Commisioner works.

10 things you should buy used and not new (via Sarah Wilson). And on that note, I've set up a new tumblr to show how I've spent very little money to dress my baby, relying mostly on gifts, hand-me-downs & op-shops.

On art & feminism & feminist art & female artists ~ Some of my best friends are women (via Ange). "Isolated instants of women’s achievements should not be taken as opportunities to sit back and pat ourselves on the back. Julia Gillard’s prime ministership, for example, has actually underlined not how much progress we’ve made, but how deep the fear and hatred of women runs in this country."

This teacher deserves a medal ~ The Day I Taught How Not to Rape. "“Ms. Norman, you mean a woman walking down the street naked is not her inviting sex? How will I know she wants to have sex?” A surprisingly bold voice came out of a girl in the back “You’ll know when she says, you want to have sex?!”"

It's not often that I like something that's been featured on stuff.co.nz, but this is one of those rare gems.

This one's for the parents ~ Reasons My Son Is Crying. (via Chanelle)

Sarah of Yes and Yes is a kindred spirit, in that my love for Dolly Parton is also 100% unironic. Going to Dollywood and seeing Ms. Parton in concert are on my life list.

More Dolly! Dolly Parton & Graham Norton sing Islands in the Stream while on the Lazy River ride at Dollywood. Seriously. (via Naiomi)

No comments:

Post a Comment