Thursday 13 September 2012

Wilder Web

Hey, equality loving New Zealanders! Here's how to make a select committee submission regarding the Marriage Amendment Bill. Choice! Do it!

Luxirare's Fall Style is pretty much perfection to me. An awesome combination of simple + street + tailoring + leather + hoodrat + fashion. Love it!

Pretty Pretty Pretty! Chanel has done a Bollywood inspired collection. I'll take that blue dress, thanks. (via Nubby Twiglet)

I can't decide if Burning Man would be amazing or a complete nightmare. Probably a bit of both. I do love these beautiful photos of Burning Man 2012 though. (also via Nubby Twiglet)

The playlist that helped turn Michael K. Williams into The Wire's Omar. (via Morgue)

WOW. This is the kind of intelligent & eloquent writing that I aspire to ~ Brother Ali on Homophobia & Hip Hop. (via Gala Darling) "I believe in my soul that people are precious and that everyone, based on their membership in the human family, qualifies for a certain level of basic dignity and respect."

Sometimes life really is that simple. Johnny Cash's To Do List that sold at auction for $6,250. (via Dooce) And now I'm dying to know what songs were on the list he wrote for Roseanna.

Well this went in a direction I wasn't expecting ~

(also via Dooce)
 
 
 
~ I think we can all agree that Dooce found all the good stuff on the internet this week. Here's 8 minutes worth of doom: Cinematic Visions of the Apocalypse.
 
~ Did you know that New Zealand has an annual Bird of the Year popularity contest? People campaign for their favourite bird & everything. I voted for the Kaka this year.
 
~ "Trampire:" Why the Public Slut Shaming of Kristen Stewart Matters for Young Women. (via Ange). "Almost no one will blame the much-older guy you cheated with, and it might actually make him more famous and help his career. Few will care that he was your boss and in a position of authority or that he may have have taken advantage of your youth and relative inexperience. Everything is your fault, and your life will be threatened over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment